GED Testing Center
Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council (GPLC)
GED Testing Procedures
Testing Site: GPLC, 411 Seventh Avenue, Ste. 525, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Call to schedule pre-registration/ testing appointments: 412.393.7600 or 412.393.7650
*New 2014 testing schedule will be posted soon*
IMPORTANT: Examinees must be pre-registered before scheduling a time to take the test. Please follow the instructions below:
If you are taking the GED test for the first time:
1. If you do not have computer access, please make a pre-registration appointment with our office at 412.393.7600 or 7650. You will have access to a computer and will be assisted through the registration process. (This will take at least an hour so be prepared to dedicate time for the process.) Otherwise, you may register on-line at GED123.org and follow the instructions on-line. (Be sure to print out your pre-registration documents and write down your login password/access code, you will need them later for actual registration and to check your test results.)
2. You will also need to make an appointment at another time to register in person. At this appointment you will pay for the test and schedule a time to take the test. The GED test costs $75. A money order is the only acceptable form of payment. Please make money order payable to: GPLC and bring it with you to this appointment. This payment is applicable to initial testing only. It does NOT cover re-testing fees or missed testing appointments.
If you are re-taking all or any part of the GED test:
1. DO NOT pre-register on-line. You already have an account established at GED123.org.
2. Follow the in-person registration procedures below.
3. Re-testing cost: Single section re-test is $20 each; 3 sections or more is $75. (Money order only. Non-refundable - No exceptions)
At in-person registration, you will be required to present or complete the following prior to scheduling your test date:
1. Presentation of a valid (non-expired) government-issued photo ID with signature and Proof of PA residency, if the photo ID does not reflect current PA address (e.g. utility bill, phone bill, lease agreement, voter registration card, etc.)
2. Payment in the form of a money order for $75.00. (Non-refundable - No exceptions) Payment is applicable to a specific testing date and does not apply to retakes.
3. Printed Proof of Registration from GED123.org (first-time test takers) or GED Score Report (re-testers - available at ged123.org or at test center ) or manually completed Demographic Form (available at test center ONLY).
4. Completed and signed Verification of Eligibility Form.
5. Signed GED Testing Candidate Code of Conduct.
6. Miscellaneous required supporting documentation (Under 18 years of age, out-of-state transcripts, etc.) Please have all required items on your person at the in-person registration appointment.
*New 2014 GED testing schedule will be posted soon*